10/04/2009

I ♥ faces week 39--My Favorite Things

Alright. So this week over at



there is no contest.

Whew. Yep. No stressing out this week, no guessing who's going to win, no darn-I-thought-my-photo-was-pretty-good-but-I-was-wrong. Instead, it's a nice, simple, mellow getting-to-know you week. Actually, getting-to-know-me week.

A few of my favorite things...

Coffee (but not necessarily Starbucks). I need it in order to function in the morning. Yes, I have morphed into that type of person. I need my caffeine in order to function.



Food. I. LOVE. Food. But not just any food. I have adapted my husband's side of culture. South American BBQ. They call it Asado. It's the real stuff.



My Rainbows. Oh, these are the most comfortable, versatile, good-looking beach sandals exited. If you don't know anything about Rainbows, you are missing out. I have had my pair since college--and that's a long time. Lifetime guarantee. That's right.



Sales. Yes, just any sales. But especially Nordstrom sales. Anniversary, half yearly, whatever (Although, my husband's not too thrilled about me taking my son there).



My children's feet. I don't know why. I can't explain. I just love to look at their feet. Maybe it's because they are so small, maybe it's because they are so chubby..maybe, it's because they are my children's feet. I'm responsible for such cuteness.



New York City. Enough said.



My books. Especially my Francine Rivers, and my vampire books. (Do you like it that I put them together?)



Spring. No, not spring here in California, but spring in New Jersey. My husband's home state, where he was born and raised. Everything looks so new, so vibrant, so..green.



Old things. I love stories. I believe old things tell stories, in ways only old things can.



Vacationing. Each year I look forward to going back to New Jersey for the summer. Because that means food, New York City, and family. Nothing feels better than seeing my husband bonds with his four brothers. Nothing beats seeing the boys being boys (you can't really tell here..but there is actually a 30-ft. drop under the railroad tracks. There is a river running through right beneath the boys..right beneath me when I took this photo).



Black & White photos. Like I said, I like old things. Black & White photos will always be classy, timeless. Black & White photos remind me of the old days, where everything was what it was supposed to be.



Catching random moments. A moment like this is priceless: My daughter, who is only 16 months old, showing her personality. The if-my-older-brother-can-do-it-then-so-can-I attitude.



Lastly, friends. Friendship is important to me. Without my friends, I would not be who I am today.



Now, what are some of your favorite things?

15 comments:

MarshaMarshaMarsha October 5, 2009 at 6:01 AM  

Oh my, what's not to love about South American BBQ? Mmmm...

I remember the first time in New Jersey. I was shocked out how many trees there were! I guess I had always thought it to be completely urban. It was surprisingly beautiful!

Great pics and lots to cherish! (And those little kid feet are too precious!).

Yelena R. October 5, 2009 at 6:30 AM  

I agree with you on so many things, especially coffee, since it's morning :)

Sarahlea81 October 5, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

LOVE your BBQ and NYC pics...fabulous. :)

Emily October 5, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Rosina, you thought of some great ones. My favorite from yours...that South American BBQ...yum, yum, yummy and of course...New York. That's another place I'd love to visit again...and soon.

Natalie October 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for letting us into your life for the day.

Unknown October 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

This is my favorite things post I saw today. I just love it Rosina! Love it so much : ) Great list!

Unknown October 5, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Your favorite things post is one of my favorite things today! Your photos are beautiful.

alpinekleins October 5, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Absolutely beautiful photos! I especially love the little bare feet - too precious!

Kristin

Jennifer Bowen October 5, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Flip-flops and BBQ are definitely in my list of faves! Great photos. Which dSLR did you get? Canon or Nikon? =)

Skeller October 5, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

yay! I love my Rainbows, too. And my morning caffeine fix (and just tonight, I'm feeling like it might be the beginning of the season where I have a nice cuppa at night, too).

and, hehe. Francine Rivers and Stephenie Meyer side by side. That's funny!

Ali October 5, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Great post! I love all of the pics! I have to have coffee too, love the starbucks pic. Oh my word, that yellow truck. My heart skipped a beat! Is it yours? I will own a vintage truck one day. Sigh...

Tatter Scoops October 5, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Great shots and entry. I LOVE all your pictures. I can relate to the kiddos feet LOL.

Monika October 6, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Thanks for sharing your faves... I love my kids feet and piggies too!!

Sarah October 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Oh, the kiddos feet thing...adorable. I also love my li'l girls feet! And sales...rock on. :) I also really, really like Francine Rivers!

Lorena October 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Loved your photos, Your baby feet look so adorable and well, you BBQ delicious! =)

Labels

Followers

week 18

week 18

week 31

week 31

About me

I am a wife to a loving, thoughtful husband, a mother of two little angels. Because of my husband's job, we have relocated from New Jersey to Los Angeles three years ago. I miss everything back East..NYC, Gray's Papaya, the subway..but know that LA is where God wants us to be right now. His grace is sufficient; I can't live through a day without depending on Him. My love affair with photography began when I was sixteen years old, when I saw a photograph taken by my cousin at South Seaport in NYC--it was a light switch turned on somewhere inside me. When I came home, I dove into photography. Since then, I've always had a burning desire to pursue photography. It was unfortunately cut short due to choosing another field of study during my college years..not until I became a stay-at-home mom and a God-given opportunity early this year, I was able to finally reunite with this passion..and the rest is history.

rowaszaj@gmail.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP